We get asked a lot, what are the phases of and SEO Engagement. What are the stages and process that you follow when we start working together.
Well, here ya go.
Phase 1: Research and Planning
- Conduct keyword research to identify relevant keywords and phrases that potential customers might use to find the business’s products or services. Use tools such as Google Keyword Planner, Ahrefs, SEMrush, etc to conduct the research
- Analyze the business’s website and identify areas for improvement in terms of technical SEO, such as site structure, meta tags, and content optimization. Use tools like Google Search Console, Ahrefs, SEMrush, etc to perform the analysis
- Develop a content strategy that aligns with the business’s goals and target audience, including a plan for creating and promoting new content. This should include blog posts, infographics, videos, and other types of content that will be used to attract and engage visitors.
- Identify and target specific geographic locations, if the business serves a specific location
- Research and identify industry-specific directories and websites that the business should be listed on
- Research the competition and their SEO strategies and identify areas where the business can differentiate itself
Phase 2: Implementation
- Optimize the website’s technical SEO elements, such as meta tags, header tags, and site structure. This includes optimizing the title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, and URLs.
- Create and publish high-quality content that is optimized for the target keywords and phrases. This includes on-page optimization, such as including keywords in the title tags, meta descriptions, header tags, and throughout the content.
- Build backlinks to the website from other reputable websites in the industry. This can be done through a variety of methods such as guest blogging, broken link building, and creating infographics and other shareable content.
- Implement schema markup, to make it easier for search engines to understand the content on the website
- Optimize images and videos by compressing them, using relevant file names and alt tags
- Monitor and improve website speed and mobile responsiveness
The Foundations are so important for SEO. You cannot brush over them. Optimizing these elements is a crucial part of SEO and if you are looking for professional help with this check out our SEO services page.
Phase 3: Tracking and Optimization
- Use tools such as Google Analytics and Search Console to track the website’s performance and identify areas for improvement. This includes monitoring website traffic, bounce rate, conversion rate, and other key metrics.
- Continuously monitor the website’s search engine rankings and make adjustments to the SEO strategy as needed. This includes keeping an eye on the rankings of the target keywords and making adjustments as necessary.
- Regularly update and refresh the website’s content to maintain relevance and improve search engine rankings. This includes updating old blog posts, adding new infographics, videos, and other types of content, and promoting the content on social media and other platforms.
- Monitor and adjust the website’s internal linking structure and ensure that all internal links are working properly
- Monitor and respond to reviews and ratings on directories and review sites.
- Monitor and adjust the website’s meta tags, header tags, and other on-page elements as needed.
Please note that SEO is a continuous process and it takes time to see the results of your efforts. Also, it is important to keep in mind that SEO best practices are constantly evolving, so it’s important to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and algorithms
For all your SEO needs in the Victoria, Vancouver, and beyond Monalo are here to help get you the results you deserve.